Thursday, August 16, 2007

Random thoughts strung together


Missing Mooch


On our upcoming trip, we've decided to ask my parents to dogsit for us. It's a long trip and we need to bring so much stuff for Intrepid, that there's just not much room in our Jetta. Besides that, I'm sure that Mooch will have a much better time with my parents and her uncle (a border collie / shepard / who-knows-what-else mix who may or may not be excited to have his young niece dogging (pardon the pun) his footsteps) than traipsing all over with us. I'm going to miss Mooch. Sad to say, I take her for granted. She's my dog, through and through. She follows me around from room to room, and whenever I stay in one place for more than a minute, she lays down at my feet. It's a comfort, to know she's always there. When I'm feeling playful, she'll delightedly roll around with me on the ground. When I'm putting something together on the floor (Ikea furniture for example) or putting DVD's in the player, she's always there to assist me. And when I'm feeling down, she gives me gentle kisses and snuffles, and stays reassuringly close. The only times I've been away from her (once when she stayed overnight at the vet, and the two nights I was in the hospital after having Intrepid), I've found myself missing her very much. What can I say? I love that pooch.

I've Been Paying Men To Touch Me

Ok, so it's only one man, who also happens to be my husband. And I only paid him a dollar. My sciatica has been acting up recently you see, and the other day, desperate for relief, I offered to pay Comic for his back rub services. It worked, I got a nice rub (and he forgot to collect, not that it matters because my money is his money and vice versa). Certainly cheaper than going back to the chiropractor, which I could definitely benefit from, but just as definitely can't afford (especially going three times a week at the beginning to get cracked back into shape). No, I spent that money this month, on a nice expensive haircut, which in turn makes me feel sexy again, which in turn makes me walk more upright, which in turn helps my back. See? I'm always thinking.

Communication

It's everywhere. All around us. All the time. One of the many things I've learned by having a baby as company every day, is that words are overrated. Yes, there will come a time, not too long from now, I fear, when Intrepid will babble incessantly about this or that, but for the time being, he can tell me perfectly well what he needs by only body language, hand gestures (only occasionally rude ones), the odd grunt and of course his different cries. For that matter, so can Mooch (only replace the word 'hand' with 'paw').

A Keyboard, A Lap And Some Drool

Intrepid just had a fight with Freddy The Firefly. Everything was happy happy, then all of a sudden, Intrepid was giving Freddy a stern talking to. Then came the cries. Heck, I don't like hanging around with someone when I've just had a fight with them either. So he moved onto my lap. Blogging is so much easier when you have a baby in your lap and have to poke one-handed at the keys. Intrepid loves sitting with me at my desk. He'll be a great boss one day. Or maybe a judge. He bangs those pudgy little fists down on the desk with conviction. Then he chucks my ruler over the side and reaches for the post-its next. That's when he's finally content. A crumpled post-it in one hand and slapping the desktop with the other, and throw in some kicking of the underside of the desk for good measure. Then the flood gates open and dump puddles of drool all over the desk for my elbow to slip on. I only wish he would always be this easy to please...

No comments: