Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Randomness

I find myself sitting in front of my computer in the late afternoon, and at a loss for what to do. This never happens to me. There is always some kind of demand on my time, but my kids (Intrepid and Mooch) are napping, Comic is playing computer games, and so I am free. Let me take this moment to enjoy it.

There is a fresh, cool breeze gusting through the window. I’m pretty relaxed right now. Well, as relaxed as I can be the day before a visit to my in-laws. They will be hosting a party tomorrow, with a Hawaiian theme, so we’ll be dressing up our little man for the occasion. My sister in law (AKA Snarflap) has put in her usual pre visit phone call to request something of Comic (whether it be money, a CD, or something Comic bought, which she now thinks should be given to her because she has no money). This time, it was Comic’s mp3 player, an expensive one he bought a couple of years ago, that would likely last for about half an hour in her house around the rug rats before being broken. He said no, and then there were the shouts, guilt trips and swear words flowing through the phone, so loud it had to be held away from his ear. Normally, this kind of thing would really bother me, but for some reason it doesn’t today. Maybe I’ve finally come to a point where I can just not give a crap about the dramatic tantrums that go on in his family. This is good news, because I’ve been working toward this point for the better part of 3 years now.

On to a happier subject. Over the past 6 months, we’ve been enjoying watching TV shows on DVD. We started with season 5 of the always riveting 24. From there, we borrowed all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a show which Comic loved, but which I had never seen) from my parents. We had a blast, following the adventures of the scoobie gang and were suffering through withdrawal when it ended. To ease the pain, we quickly dived into House, M.D, seasons 1 and 2. Eventually wrapping those up, we moved on to Angel (a spinoff of Buffy) which we loved just as much as Buffy itself. And after 5 seasons of that, it was over. After months of DVD entertainment, we found ourselves back to the reruns on TV. Then a couple of days ago, on an excursion, Comic came across season 9 of Frasier (one of our favourite shows) on DVD. Neither of us had seen many episodes of season 9, so we are currently eagerly enjoying the comedic stylings of the Cranes. I have laughed so hard and so loud at times that I have frightened Intrepid, who has shrieked in fear! Poor little guy.

Speaking of him, he has now started howling into the baby monitor, so my time is up. Until next time…I’m sure I’ll have lots of baggage to unload after tomorrow’s trip ; )

No comments: